Being a member of the Greensboro Bar Association has a number of tremendous benefits. Here are just a few:
- BarCARES – a short-term intervention program provided cost-free to member’s immediate family.
- Committees – there are over 14 different committees that you can choose to become involved with. Those committees help accomplish the goals of the greater Greensboro Bar Association.
- Communications – as a member you will receive communications and updates through the Greensboro Bar Association website, list serve, social media as well as a newsletter that is released nine times per year.
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Opportunities – as legal professionals we are required to complete continuing education each year. The Greensboro Bar Association will give you a number of different opportunities to receive the necessary continuing education hours. The vast majority of the opportunities are free of charge to Greensboro Bar members. This alone is worth the membership to the Greensboro Bar Association.
- Food, Fellowship and Fun – 6 dinner/luncheon meetings with programs of interest to members of our profession; 24th Judicial District Bar Meeting and dinner; Holiday Party in December; and a Picnic at the Ballpark (Greensboro Grasshoppers) in May, all at no additional cost.
- Memorials – at the Greensboro Bar Association we recognize those who have left us and laid the foundation for our Bar Association and set the standard for which we all strive.
- Member Directory – as a member of the Greensboro Bar Association your professional profile will be included in our online directory that may be accessed by the membership and the public. This is an invaluable tool that promotes GBA members to individuals in the community looking for legal assistance because it is searchable by name and practice area. It allows GBA members to more easily connect with colleagues and refer cases to local attorneys.
- Membership Networking Meetings – whether it is the casual meetings at a local restaurant or official Bar Association meetings, as a member you will have the opportunity to network with Bar Association attorneys in both a professional and personal way.
- Sections – the Bar Association offers substantive sections within the Bar Association. For example, plan on practicing family law and want to regularly connect with local family law attorneys? You can become a member of the Family Law Section of the Greensboro Bar Association.
- Swearing-In Ceremonies – the Greensboro Bar Association, the GBA Young Lawyers Section, and the 24th Judicial District Bar work together to organize a swearing in ceremony for newly licensed attorneys. Swearing-in participants then have two weeks to submit an application for membership to the GBA at a reduced rate.
- Young Lawyers Section – if you are a newly licensed attorney or younger than 36 years of age you can be a member of the Young Lawyers Section of the Greensboro Bar Association. This group regularly holds social events and plans service-oriented projects for the Greensboro Bar Association.
Ready to join? Great! It’s easy to get started. Simply fill out the Membership Application and mail it with your dues payment.