Our campaign to raise the money and volunteer commitments for this year’s Habitat project is now in full swing, with a goal of raising the rest of the cost of the house in the next few weeks and getting ready for construction to begin on September 18.
Please visit our giving page now at https://give.habitatgreensboro.org/campaign/bar-build-2021/c328465. It gives you three options: to make an immediate contribution on the site, to mail a check to Habitat at the address provided or to make a pledge payable by July 31. Please also use the link on the Giving Page to added to a list of volunteers for the construction work. We will contact the volunteers on the list to schedule their work once a construction schedule has been developed.
We are already making great progress in getting ready for our September start:
Over $45,000 has been raised to date moving us steadily closer to our goal.
- A number of volunteers have already signed up on the volunteer list.
- Under the leadership of Judge Vincent, all the available District Court Judges have volunteered for the work. Their commitment continues their tradition of active participation in our Habitat projects.
- We have contacted the staff at Elon Law School, who will recruit law students to work with us when they return to school in the fall.
- We have lined up representatives in several firms to solicit contributions and volunteer commitments from within their firms. Please respond if a representative from your firm approaches you about participating.
- The Fox Rothschild firm has agreed to take on one of the workdays in the fall. Please let us know if your firm would also like to provide the crew for one of our workdays. Law firms who have adopted workdays on our past projects have found them to be a rewarding team-building experience.
As the start date approaches, we will be assigned the homeowners for the house, who will work with us to build a new home and new future for themselves and their children. We will also be assigned a house site. As soon as we know the family and site, we will let you know.
This will be our ninth Habitat project building on a proud tradition of Habitat work by the Greensboro Bar Association. As far as we know, our work with Habitat is unmatched by any bar association in the country. Please go to the Giving Page now and join us in this effort!
If you have any questions, contact Bill Cooke at email@example.com.
Many thanks to the District Court Judges and to the many generous members who have contributed so far, and lets all look forward to making another Habitat house a reality.