Court Appointed Attorneys Needed
There is a dire need for attorneys to apply and serve on the Guilford County court appointment lists. The Guilford County Appointment Plan can be located on the Indigent Defense Services (‘IDS’) website at https://www.ncids.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/18th-defender-district-10-20-1.pdf.
Attorneys are need for the following court appointment lists:
- LIST 1: Adult Misdemeanor Cases and Misdemeanor Probation Violations
- LIST 1A: Adult Misdemeanor Driving While Impaired (DWI) Cases
- LIST 2: Felonies F-I and Felony Probation Violations (Does NOT include Drug Trafficking Cases)
- LIST 3: Felonies A through E (Including All Drug Trafficking Offenses and Indecent Liberties)
- LIST 4A: Juvenile Class A1-3 Misdemeanors, Class H-I Felonies, Probation Violations, and Motions for Contempt
- LIST 4B: Juvenile Felonies A-G
- LIST 5A: Guardianship and Disabled Adults
- LIST 5B: Judicial Waiver
- LIST 5C: Civil Contempt
- LIST 5D: Civil Commitment
- LIST 6: Child Support Enforcement Actions
- LIST 7: Parent Representation
Lists 1-4B address cases where the Public Defender’s office has a conflict or some other reason prevents the Public Defender’s office from handling particular cases. Lists 5A and 5D are addressed with the Clerk of Court’s office. The remaining lists primarily involve cases that are addressed in District Court. Additional details regarding the above-referenced lists can be found on pages 13-19 of the Guilford County Appointment Plan.
Court appointed attorneys are paid by IDS according to the State rate for each particular list.
If you have any questions or you are interested in applying for any of the above-referenced lists, please contact Assistant Public Defender, Alex Snow, at 336-412-7777 or [email protected]. Thank you.