February 20, 2020
12:30 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.
Starmount Country Club
This 4.5-hour program will cover a wide variety of technology issues. Judges, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, and fellow attorneys will share information and reflect on technology and data privacy, including ethics, professional responsibility, substance abuse, use of technology in the courtroom, and telehealth. We have applied for one hour of ethics credit, one hour of substance abuse credit, and 2.5 hours of technology credit.* GBA members can register for $100; non-GBA members can register for $120.
- Registration (12:00 PM – 12:30 PM)
- Marc Tucker, Partner at Fox Rothschild, LLP: Cybersecurity and Data Breaches
(12:30 PM – 1:30 PM, 60 minutes ethics credit)
- Mat Sandifer, CEO and Director of Clinical Services at New Vision Therapy, PLLC: Telehealth Trends and Considerations for Treatment of Substance Abuse
(1:30 PM – 2:30 PM, 60 minutes substance abuse credit)
- Break (2:30 PM – 2:45 PM)
- Brian Groesser, Managing Attorney at Midkiff, Muncie & Ross, P.C.: Electronic Evidence
(2:45 PM – 3:45 PM, 60 minutes technology credit)
- Patrick Brown, VP of Enterprise and Operational Risk Management at Lawyers Mutual:
Cybersecurity without Breaking the Bank: Technology Solutions and Fraud Risks
(3:45 PM – 4:45 PM, 60 minutes technology credit)
- Judge Osteen, Judge Cubbage, and Judge Burch: Judges Panel on the Dos and Don’ts
of Technology Use in the Courtroom
(4:45 PM – 5:15 PM, 30 minutes technology credit)
*CLE credit has been applied for but is not yet approved.