Are you looking for legal resources for your next big case? The Elon University School of Law Library may have exactly what you’re looking for! With a vast variety of both published and electronic materials, the Elon University School of Law Library opens its doors to attorney members of the Greensboro Bar Association during its building operating hours.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Visitors are required to sign in and show their bar identification card at the law school Security Desk to gain access to the building.
- The library provides complimentary access to one computer workstation with Westlaw Patron Access. This is a reduced-rate version of Westlaw that allows users to view primary federal law and primary law for North Carolina state. Users can also use Keycite to update their research. The library does not provide access to electronic secondary sources.
- For visitors who wish to bring their own laptops, they may access guest Wi-Fi by requesting instructions at the Circulation Desk. However, to use Westlaw Public Access, visitors must use the one library terminal.
- The library maintains a print collection. Some important parts of the collection include:
- North Carolina state materials, both primary and secondary sources. Our North Carolina section is on the mezzanine level of the library and is generally kept up to date.
- Federal primary materials, with select secondary materials (such as treatises) kept up to date in print. However, the majority of our secondary materials have been cancelled within the past 10 years. The federal collection is located on the lower level of the library.
- Surrounding and bordering state materials. The selection of materials varies from state to state, and the majority of these titles are not regularly updated.
- If you have questions about the availability of a particular source in our print collection, you can contact our Circulation Desk in person or at (336) 279-9341, and staff can connect you with a reference librarian.
- The library has one scanner that is available for use to scan materials and send via email or save to a USB drive.
- Access to a photocopy machine is available for a fee. The library’s machines accept only cash. There is a small fee to purchase a library swipe card and money needs to be added to use the copier.
- The library does not offer printing access or the ability to check out any materials.
Staff are available to answer questions about the collection of materials but cannot assist with any research-related questions.
The next time you’re buried in case research or just need to verify your understanding of a legal concept, consider the Elon University School of Law Library as a helpful location!